The Long Marston and Puttenham Horticultural Society awarded the following cups and trophies at the August show.
- William Dean Cup (fruit and veg.) – Alan Reeves/John Rowe.
- Grace Trophy (veg. collection) – Michael Glasser/John Rowe.
- Ernest Gregory Cup (flowers) – Jeff Norwood.
- John Chapman Trophy (roses) – John North/Alan Winfield.
- Val Brash Memorial Cup (novice floral art) – Frances Farley.
- Parker Cup (floral art) – Victoria Green.
- William Huckvale Cup (domestic) – Carole Harrison.
- Katherine Severs Memorial Plate (domestic, cakes) – Rozanne Wallis.
- ‘Woman’ magazine cup (handicraft) – Margaret Kaye/Tabitha Conn.
- Frank Hopkins Trophy (art) – Debbie Chalmers.
- Sir Harry Vaisey Cup (most points, child) – Laura Edmonds.
- Sheila Wood Trophies (veg. collection, child) – Grace Kirk, Maisie Driver, Liam Skells.
- Sheila Wood Cup (veg. and flower, child) – Grace Kirk, Maisie Driver.
- Astrope Cup (photography, child) – No overall winner.
- Hales Trophy (most points, lady) – Carole Harrison.
- Alan Taylor Cup (most points, gentleman) – Jeff Norwood.
The winner of the Thomas Chapman Award for contribution to village life is to be announced later.
Diplomas in Horticulture were awarded to: John North for flowers, and three to John Rowe for root vegetables, non root vegetables and a collection of vegetables. (Good with the veg. then. Ed.)
Certificates in floral art were awarded to Victoria Green and Caroline Smith-Wright.
Novice awards were earned by Alena Murrell and Phoebe Galloway